4 pounds Drunken Cherry Tomatoes, peeled and crushed
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ C fresh apple cider
1 pinch cayenne
¼ C brown sugar
1 bay leaf
2 T Drunken Tomato Brine
1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp cracked black pepper
½ C lemon juice
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, brown sugar, apple juice, and cayenne pepper in a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil and add bay leaves, celery seed, and cracked pepper.
- Boil, stirring frequently until mixture is reduced by half.
- Once reduced, stir in lemon juice and continue to boil for 10 more minutes and then remove from heat.
- Pour into a container and let sit for at least 1 day.