** Recipe created by Savannah Haseler of Twain’s Brew Pub, as demonstrated at Peachtree Road Farmer’s Market
2 lbs. golden German potatoes
Kosher salt to taste
1/2 C mayonnaise
3 T chopped tarragon
1/2 lb. bacon ends, cut into strips
1/4 C chopped chives
2 T Doux South Drunken Mustard
1 T rice wine vinegar
2 T beer-Amber beer preferred
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot, adding cold water just to cover. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes until tender, 30-45 min.
- Drain potatoes and allow them to cool.
- Meanwhile, place bacon strip in skillet and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and rough chop into bacon bits. Reserve the bacon fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, tarragon, chives, bacon fat, mustard, vinegar and beer. Season the dressing with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 in. cubes. Place potatoes into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add dressing, just to coat and stir in bacon.
Can be served warm or chilled.
**Pine St. Market’s bacon ends were used in this recipe.