Warm Cabbage Salad with Chickpeas and Parmesan
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups shredded fresh green cabbage
3 cups Chow Chow
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black peppercorns
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 lemon, halved
2 tsp finely grated Parmesan
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and Chow Chow and season with salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden and crisp-tender, 7–8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in chickpeas and 2 Tbsp. water; cook until beans are warmed through and all liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt. Stir in peppercorns and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving platter and squeeze lemon juice over to taste.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.