Southern Caviar Falafel
2 cups Doux South Little Rock Caviar, drained and brine reserved
1 onion, minced
1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
1⁄4 cup fresh mint
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 tsp Doux South Little Rock Caviar brine
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup dry bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl mash caviar until thick and pasty, don’t use a blender, as the consistency will be too thin.
- In a blender process onion, parsley, and garlic until smooth.
- Stir into mashed caviar.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper cayenne, brine and baking powder.
- Stir into chickpea mixture along with olive oil.
- Slowly add bread crumbs until mixture is not sticky but will hold together, add more or less breadcrumbs as needed.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-‐high heat.
- Fry patties in hot oil until brown on both sides.
- Finish with a sprinkling of sea salt and enjoy with your Angry Cucumber Yogurt Sauce.