Lamb Bolognese with Drunken Tomatoes
1 lb of ground lamb
3 T olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
10 Doux South Drunk Tomatoes and reserved brine
½ cinnamon stick
salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, heat 1 T oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add ground lamb and cinnamon stick. Season w/ salt and pepper.
- Once lamb is cooked, remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate.
3. In the same pan, add remaining olive oil and add onions, garlic and cook until caramelized.
4. Add the Doux South tomatoes, slightly smashing them with the back of your spoon along w/ approximately 4-6 T of tomato brine.
5. Cook for approximately 6-10 minutes then add ground lamb and cook together for an additional 5 minutes and keep warm.