Creamed Honey Kissed Turnips and Potatoes w/ Marscapone Cheese
3 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into medium dice
1 jar (16 oz.) of Honey Kissed Turnips, chopped fine
2 C whole milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 stick unsalted butter
8 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, add cold water just to cover and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until tender. Drain well and run through a food mill set over a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the milk, chopped turnips, garlic powder, and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook until turnips are tender.
- Stir the milk mixture into the potatoes until combined.
- Fold in the mascarpone and season well with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve.